Tankless Industries - Top Reasons To Switch To Tankless Heat
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless Water Heaters, also called instantaneous or on demand water heaters, provide hot water only as it is needed. Traditional storage water heaters produce standby energy losses that cost you money over time. It is common practice to shut down water heaters during times of vacationing. Imagine the same waste factor all year around, heating 50 or 80 gallons of hot water all day when there is little demand for usage. Also consider heating 50 to 80 gallons of hot water overnight while you and your family are at rest. What energy value do you see as a homeowner in those scenarios? A tankless solution will remedy that wastage.
How do Tankless Water Heaters work?
Tankless Water Heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank. Therefore, they avoid the standby heat losses associated with storage water heaters. When a hot water tap is turned on, and a minimum of .5 gpm (gallons per minute) of flow is detected the unit ignites the burner. In an electric Tankless Water Heater an electric element heats the water. As a result, Tankless Water Heaters deliver a constant supply of hot water. Typically, Tankless Water Heaters provide hot water at a rate anywhere from .5 GPM (gallons per minute) to 11 GPM for a single unit. If a greater GPM is required, multiple units may be linked together to acheive as many gallons per minute as needed. Typically, gas-fired Tankless Water Heaters will produce higher flow rates than electric Tankless Water Heaters.
Some advantages to on-demand water heating are:
- A tankless water heater can provide unlimited hot water.
- Expected life of tankless water heaters is 20 years, compared to 10 to 15 years for tank-type water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters are compact in size and virtually eliminate standby losses.
- Tankless offers cleaner water because the water does not sit in a sediment filled tank for days.
- Tankless range from 82%-98% effcient compared to conventional gas water heaters with the highest effciency rating of 62%.
- Tankless units emit less Co2 gasses into the atmosphere.
- By providing warm water immediately where it's used, tankless water heaters waste less water.
Interested in learning more? Call us today for a FREE
consulation at 1.484.319.6068 or use our online form